Add to Calendar
Foundation Safety & Rescue Course
Sunday 25 November 2018, VKC Bedford, 09:00 – 17:00, Viking Kayak Club, Bedford, £45 members, £55 Non members (+£5 or £10 Certification fee)
This training course is intended for all paddlers, coaches and volunteers irrespective of craft or discipline choice, and is available in either bank-based or boat-based option.
It provides training on key skills needed to operate safely and deal with common emergencies in a sheltered water environment. These skills then form the foundations for safety and rescue throughout British Canoeing awards.
Candidates will learn:
- Skills which will enable them to ensure the safety of themselves and others
- Appropriate rescue skills which can be used to help themselves and/or others in difficulty
For more information on the content covered please read the Syllabus.
These practical courses take place in calm, sheltered waters either as bank-based or boat-based courses.
Candidates wishing to attend Foundation Safety and Rescue Training must meet the following requirements:
- Able to swim in normal paddling clothing suitable for the prevailing conditions
- Boat-based candidates must also hold the current 2 Star Award or be of equivalent ability due to the paddling environment and the boat control required to complete the course
- Bank-based participants accessing the course are not required to hold the British Canoeing 2 Star Award. However, they should be prepared to fully participate in all relevant aspects of the course
A first aid certificate is not a pre-requisite. However holding a first aid certificate is strongly recommended for all paddlers.
Attendance Certificates are issued to successful candidates by British Canoeing following a recommendation from the course provider, subject to the following Certification fees:
- £5 for members
- £10 for non-members
Please bring the certification fee payment with you on the day.
BOOK YOUR PLACE by contacting Andrew Bennett, email firstname.lastname@example.org
Further details of the FSRT award can be found at the British Canoeing page here –https://www.britishcanoeing.org.uk/courses/foundation-safety-and-rescue-training#learning-outcomes.